This past week I have received more postcards than ever before in any week in comparison. It is so many that I while I had to cull down the amount I choose to post here, I still wound up with 36 cards--that is 36 cards to post! Needless to say, I cannot spend the time detailing each and every card, but I will title it if I can :)
I also want to say that I'm learning a truth about postcard collecting. To save postage, I have been doing more and more "large" trades--10 or more cards in an envelope with multiple traders. Yet when I trade like that, I find that I do not get all the interesting detail on the back of the cards. So while I asked for many of these cards because I like the image on the front, I know nothing about it. Sometimes, because I can't read the language, I can't even say what it is I am looking at! So I think for that reason, I would like to make many smaller-quantity swaps so as not to lose sight of what I enjoy about this hobby. It is not the quantity of cards that count...but the knowledge gleaned through them!
Anyway...so forgive the lack of detail here. I do have information on some of them but am not including it due to time. But, frankly, for most of them I simply have no detail! Thanks to everyone for trading :) I still love the cards :)
1. Map of Estonia showing counties
2. Map of Bulgaria, shaped like the country!
3. Kirkkonummi, Finland; near the border of the the old USSR.
4. Berlin, Potsdamer Platz (the most modern area in Berlin; before 1989 there was nothing here but the Wall!)
5. Hapag Llyod Express; Fokker F-100
6. Gesterby Museum in Kirkkonummi, Finland. (I want to point out that this is a lovely homemade card by Satu; she also did the other Kirkkonumi card above, and shared many fantastic details on both!)
7. Map of Zeeland, a providence in the Netherlands.
8. Skyscrapers in Jakarta, Indonesia (love this view!).
9. Art card, Lapland, which is the northernmost area of Finland...sparsely populated.
10. Map of Lahti (in Lapland), Finland...the Business City.
11. Mushrooms in the rain (from Finland, lovely image!).
12. Art card from Lapland.
13. Portugal: inspiration, go deeper.
14. Air New Zealand, Boeing 737-300.
15. Map of the Metro, Paris.
16. Paris, La Defense.
17. Hostel Dieu, Main Courtyard, the Tower (Paris, France).
18. Satellite array, Raisting, in the state of Bavaria, Germany. (I didn't know Germany had states till now! Also love this image with the white and blue, blue sky!)
19. Modern Art Museum, Kiasma, in Helsinki, Finland (learned from the sender that this is the most "modern" building in Helsinki...when it was built everyone hated it...but now they're used to it :).
20. Casino in Dortmund, Germany.
21. Dusseldorf on the Rhein; Airport.
22. Bergbaumusem in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
23. Barnegat Lighthouse, Barnegat, New Jersey. (Being an old Jersey-ite who frequented the shore, I love cards that remind me of those time :)
24. The Roman Baths, in Bath. According to the sender, these baths are still operational today...even after 2000 years!
25. The Schwebebahn Wuppertal, a suspension railway in Wuppertal, Germany. Pretty awesome!
26. Koln, Germany. Magnificant.
27. The Crayola Factory, Easton, Pennsylvania.
28. The Ark with Elephants. Kenya's Forest Lodge in the Aberdare Mountains.
29. Famous Finnish painting by Akseli Gallen-Kallenlan.
30. University of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada (awesome!).
31. Powerpark in Harma, Finland.
32. HundertwasserHaus, Wein.
33. Lufthansa, Airbus A320-200.
34. Afrikaans Language Monument, Paarl, South Africa.
35. Tycho Brahe Planetarium, Denmark.
36. Art card by Dick Bruna, Amsterdam.