Thursday, January 11, 2007

More good travel-tale resources

I was interrupted yesterday in my quest to share with you some of my favorite tools for laptop travelling. But I'm back again today...with more!

1. Bill Bryson is one of my favorite writers. Check out his A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail for a really neat tale of his attempt at hiking the whole length of the more than 2,000-mile long Appalachian trail.

2. Next is Bill Bryson's Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe, and his African Diary. As with A Walk in the Woods, both of these books are funny and share with you what life is like in faraway places.

3. Lonely Planet the Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World. This awesome book is an almanac like no others! It gives you the basic facts about each country: population, major languages, etc. But it gives you so much more--large, excellent color photos, things to do to experience the culture, and even things about the country that will surprise you. At right around $20, this book is an awesome deal. We keep it out like a "coffee table book," and so I regularly find my children reading it and looking at the photos.

Will post more blogs and whatnot as I find them.

What would we ever do without the Internet?!? :)

No comments: