Sunday, October 03, 2010

Hidden in the Shadows, Linda Richter

I really like this Bonaire art card (thanks, Jess!), so I decided to look up artist Linda Richter online. Her work is really fabulous; check out her site and see for yourself! www.lindarichter.com/

I also like the thought of moving to a far-removed island destination one day, when the cold is too harsh for my bones. Perhaps to Papamoa, New Zealand? As long as I had Internet connectivity, I could continue to work. I imagine the silence, but for the non-human sounds ... of the waves sloshing on the shore ... the endless breezes creeping through tree leaves ... the chattering birds ... the hum of the insects (outside, I hope)....

Ahhh. Maybe it's time for a parents-only vacation! :)

Oh yes, and back to the card: "A baby iguana barely five inches long holds statue still beneath the shade of a spiny tree. The bright neon green is a surprisingly good color to camouflage this little creature from its predators. As the iguana grows, the bright green will fade to be replaced with bars of deep green and gray."

No comments: